Development of source code for software components and making sure itâs in line with all requirements. Youâll also participate in source code reviews and writing automated tests. Youâll have excellent opportunity to improve your kdb and Q-language scripting skills working with the team of most experienced kdb developers and dealing with a largest kdb-based platform.
- Design and develop new and enhanced functionality capturing and manipulating, and publishing large quantities of market and trading information from a variety of sources and protocols. Fix bugs and optimize existing data flows according to the project development workflow and lifecycle contributing to the global delivery
- Participate in global L3 rotation providing support and expert knowledge to the local support teams to actively fix real-time issue resolution
- Cooperate with Operational teams to help resolving stability, data quality and performance issues
- Knowledge of KDB+/Q, or profound knowledge and hand-on experience with another in-memory database product is preferred, but not required.
- Experience writing scripting languages such as Python, perl, R, or Matlab to manipulate, transform, and interpret large amounts of data is required. Candidate should be able to leverage these skills to quickly get up to speed with Q scripting language and KDB+.
- Good Unix/Linux knowledge is required
- Good understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP stack) is required
- Basic RDBMS/SQL required
- Messaging protocols (JMS/Tibco/LBM) nice to have
- Ksh/bash scripting nice to have
- Java or C or C++ knowledge nice to have
- Ability to work in a global multicultural team
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership
- Agile learner
- Commitment to testing and quality
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Previous experience with market data is a plus
- Knowledge of the Investment Banking business is a plus