Our direct client is the worldâs leading learning company. Their education business combines 150 years of experience in publishing with the latest learning technology in over 70 countries.
Location is Hoboken, NJ but possibly also in SoHo, NYC.
The ServerÂ-side Developer role will be an onshore development lead to liaise with product management, geo product representatives, client application and other core platform and architecture teams while handsÂ-on leading the offshore development team.
This roles responsibilities will include the following tasks:
• Contribute bestÂ in Âclass programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer Âfacing and enterprise mobile products
• Continually offer thoughtÂ leadership and dependable execution ability in a highÂ paced environment characterized by ongoing iteration and product pushes
• Stay ahead of new and alternative technologies and industry trends
• Collaborate closely with product managers, UI designers, and server software engineers
• Solve challenging client performance, security and scalability issues
• Use expert knowledge to help guide design and engineering decisions
• Challenge existing development practices and methods of work
• Improve unit testing and continuous integration processes
• Aggressively collect, analyze, and act on data about product performance
• ProÂactively look for ways to make the solution better
Essential skills and experience:
• Good understanding of HTML5 and CSS
• At least 2 years experience with Node and at least 3 years of other server side experience
• Solid understanding of NoSQL DBs such as Mongo, Redis, ElasticSearch etc
• Experience with at least two frontÂend MVC frameworks (Angular, React, Backbone, etc.)
• Prior exposure to Test Driven Development
• Experience with at least one testing framework (Selenium, cucumber, protractor, Karma, mocha, etc.)
• Experience with at least one build tool (Grunt, Gulp, etc.)
• Some architecture experience is a big plus (Microsystems, Queues, etc.)
• Docker or similar experience is a plus