Being a hands-on role, you will be responsible for the driving the design and implementation of the Business Critical Deliverables as defined by the platform. Deliverables will range from the introduction of new functionality to support new products and processes to support of mandatory regulatory and reporting requirements.
You will work closely with the analysis and development teams to a) help design and implement solutions that are in alignment with strategic enterprise architecture roadmaps b) recognize and take advantage of opportunities to re-factor legacy components of the application c) perform brief pilots and proofs of concept to help establish solution feasibility. You may be required to manage a team of direct reports who drive implementation of solutions.
The team follows a sustainable, measured and predictable development process, whereby the accountability for success resides with the team.
Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Act as a key liaison between company's AS (Application Service) team, Vendor product manager and business Operations
- Help drive best practices in and may tactically support highest priority releases and/or enhancements to large or critical systems.
- Implement best practices around requirement gathering methodologies
- Review and contribute to functional test plans and scenarios
- Take ownership for platform scalability and work with stakeholders to ensure that necessary capacity and Tech Roadmap compliance related requirements are dealt with on time.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with various vendor partners
- Have a complete understanding of the financials processes of the company and ensure that they are adhered to.
- Participate and actively contribute during planning by providing technology view to the plans, issues, dependencies and risks and help drive the overall strategy.
- Provide absolute transparency to various stakeholders by implementing standard reporting and tracking tools and making right escalations, at the appropriate times to the relevant stakeholders on key risks and mitigation actions
10+ years demonstrated hands on experience using java, J2EE, Spring & or other object oriented languages
7+ years experience architecting, designing, developing, and maintaining complex applications
7+ years experience with applications using SQL/ NoSQL/ Oracle
Strong understanding of Enterprise and Application Architecture
Experience creating modular applications. OSGi is a big plus.
Experience with JMS, MQ, Tibco or other messaging technologies a plus
Embraces using unit/integration testing as a standard development practice
Experience gathering basic performance measures of applications a plus
Understanding of garbage and resource management
Experience with implementing equals and hashCode
Experience with Collections
Experience with Annotations
Experience with TDD
Ability to focus and prioritize in a high-pressure environment
Analytical skills with attention to detail
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Be self-directed, pro-active, results-driven and able to work in a diverse global team
Demonstrate ability to question and challenge where necessary to change the status quo
Experience / SME Knowledge of Financial Technology /Derivatives/ Trading lifecycle is a plus
Lead development of formalized solution methodologies
Hands on knowledge with reporting tools such as Cognos
Financial/Clearing industry experience is a requirement
Education | Certification (Recommended):
Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Business, Economics or Computer Science (or equivalent qualification/work experience)