The client database team is looking for a SAP/Sybase IQ expert, to work in a fast paced environment, providing both production & development support. This position will work closely with various development groups across the firm, and should demonstrate his/her ability as a technical expert on the team.
• 10+ years’ experience as an SAP/Sybase IQ Administrator. Do not apply if you do not have IQ experience.
• Experience in use of T-SQL for SQL Code and stored procedures are required.
• Experience in shell scripting is required.
• Experience in architecting multi-terabyte systems, including a proven track record of physical optimization, query optimization and capacity planning.
• UNIX (specifically Linux) skills including but not limited to volume management, kernel parameter analysis, shell scripting, understanding of networking concepts.
• Proven track record of SQL and database tuning on VLDBs.
• Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills; able to build consensus and work closely with fellow DBA’s.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent.
• Provide production support, solutions and expertise for SAP IQ.
• Ability to support SAP ASE, Microsoft SQL Server in a backup capacity.
• Ability to troubleshoot difficult production issues quickly.
• Work closely with various development teams across the firm to ensure proper use of Oracle features, best practices, and adherence to client database standards.
• Train and mentor developers in methodology and best practices.
• Participate in the DBA team on call rotation.
• Tune complex SQL proactively & reactively as required. Be able to rewrite SQL queries where necessary.
• Design, implement, and maintain capacity planning for client database systems.
• Perform Database Upgrades as required.
• Help design, maintain, improve and implement monitoring tools.
• Handle your share of DBA tickets, user requests, routine support and maintenance.
• Ability to work off hours / weekends as required.