Our client is looking for a Developer to work on Risk and Performance Attribution platforms. Primary responsibilities include the development of new applications through analysis, design, coding, and testing; as well as the daily support and maintenance of existing applications.
Project management responsibilities include identifying the scope of assigned projects, generating solutions to technical issues, and providing deliverables in a timely and efficient manner. These efforts will involve:
· Work with analysts, team members, and business users to fully understand requirements and processes.
· Work with other development team members to develop and implement enhancements to applications, eventually expected to work independently on increasingly complex enhancements.
· Investigate and resolve bugs identified after communication directly with end users.
· Provide on-call support and functional assistance to end users.
Qualified candidates must possess a four-year college degree with a preferred major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical/IT degree. A strong background in C# and .NET is required, and you’ll be required to take a C# competency test during the interview process. Preferred candidates will have experience with Oracle or Sybase. Our selected individual must be a team player, be self-motivated, and have excellent verbal communication skills. In addition, the ability to manage projects and work within a team environment will be critical to being successful in this role.
• 5+ years C# .NET (ASP.NET, WPF, Silverlight) recent experience is required
• BS degree in Computer Science or Math with 3.5+ GPA
• Experience with SOA technologies including SOAP, RPC, XML, WCF and Web Services
• Experience with Enterprise relational databases, such as Oracle and Sybase.
• Financial institution experience highly preferred.
• Willingness to work hard, including occasional nights and weekends when circumstances dictate.
• Experience with UNIX/Linux environments and scripting languages (Perl, UNIX Shell, etc) a plus.
• High degree of initiative and enthusiasm – must learn company’s detailed processes and technologies that support Portfolio Management.
• Superb interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to work well in a team environment.
You'll have a better shot at getting this job if you have:
• A higher degree in Math, Computer Science or Engineering
Experience in the Securities industry, preferably Fixed Income