Our client is looking for a business analyst in its Technology department. This person will participate in all phases of project management, including requirements gathering, specification definition, oversight of code development, creating test and rollout plans, oversight of rollouts, and collect performance metrics, with the goal of enhancing efficiencies across the firm's business departments and across global office locations.
The Business Analyst position is an ideal opportunity for individuals interested in pursuing a career in the fast paced, dynamic fixed income markets. In this role, you will be expected to learn about securities, trade strategies, the impact of trades to client portfolios, and what client guidelines are intended to do.
The compliance technology team manages automated compliance applications globally at the company.
The primary responsibilities of this role includes –
• Facilitating creation, testing and support of client account compliance rules
• Conduct process and gap analysis and come up with creative ways to reduce inefficiencies
• Manage global projects with internal & external stakeholders
• Work with development teams to coordinate build and implement the end product
• Co-ordination & support of UAT executed by business users, IT & QA
• Day to day trading and compliance support
• Manage production releases
• Provide regular updates to management in technology
• Produce implementation approach, timelines, go-live strategy
• Post go-live support, identifying, tracking and resolving risks and issues
• Bachelor degree
• Strong understanding of Financial Instruments including equity, FI, and derivatives
• Proactive and self-motivated with a positive attitude
• Excellent communication skills required
• IT skills required: Understanding & Writing SQL queries, Advanced Excel
• IT skills preferred: Understanding concepts of Unix commands, Java, database
• Bloomberg terminal experience preferable.
• Project Management experience preferable
• Understanding full lifecycle of Portfolio Management - from pre trade, execution to post trade and operations
• Ability to train users on end products
• Ability to work independently as well as a great team player