Candidate will work with attorney staff and be responsible for the preparation, maintenance, negotiation and drafting of various types of amendments, side letters and other legal documentation relating to various over-the-counter and exchange traded derivatives (i.e. swaps, foreign exchange, options, futures, OTC clearing). Candidate will help facilitate in the review and execution of tri-party control agreements. Candidate will have heavy interaction with trading counterparties and clients. Candidate will interface with all levels of management (compliance, account management, portfolio management, middle office, and operations) and assist with any questions or inquiries they may have related to client/counterparty documentation.
• Comprehensive knowledge and at least three years of actual experience with the following:
• Negotiating and drafting tailored contracts, amendments, side letters to various master agreements etc.
• ISDA Master Agreement and Credit Support Annex
• Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
• Exchange-traded derivatives/futures related documentation (i.e. futures account opening documentation and give-up agreements)
• Tri-party Collateral Control Agreements
• Industry experience including in-house experience within the asset management/fixed income industry is a plus.
• Leadership skills to achieve the best results working with a high caliber group of individuals
• Extremely well organized, pays attention to detail, high energy level/self starter, must work well in a team environment, especially with other senior level employees
• Communication skills to work within the firm’s demanding and highly focused environment, as well as with clients and outside contacts
• Solutions-driven individual with an ability to drive forward on account-related issues
• Clear commitment to company’s culture, values and approach
• Intelligent, bright, good legal judgment, conceptual thinker and a quick learner with the ability to quickly assess a situation
• Outstanding reputation of professional integrity and have the potential to be immediately, personally credible within the organization and in the investment and client communities
• An independent entrepreneurial self-starter with the ability to get things done
• Excellent communications and presentation skills - able to articulate clear ideas/strategies both verbally and in writing
• Mature and self-confident
• Consensus builder and team player with the ability to work well within a matrix organization
• Cultural skills and sensitivities to work effectively in global organizations
• Outstanding client service skills