Technical Lead (Ruby, JS)
We are a group of energetic, intelligent, and fun software developers looking for a motivated Ruby on Rails engineer to lead our collaborative and experienced team. Our company develops software applications for businesses as well as products for inhouse applications and retail customers.
If you are a self starter, confident in your skills designing and implementing web application solutions, and you have proven experience in leading software projects for business customers you are an excellent match for our team! Our office is located in Jacksonville Beach Florida. We prefer our team members to work from the office the majority of time but some remote work may also be available.
• Lead a small team of software developers.
• Collaborate with customers and fellow team members in person and virtually using tools such as email, IM, video conferencing and collaboration tools.
• Operate in an Agile SCRUM environment with strong, continuous communication.
• Develop and design features for new and existing software products.
• Able to understand and process business and technical requirements into functional software, providing feedback and enhancement recommendations throughout the SDLC.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Experience and understanding of the development of web applications from backend components ( server, database ) to front-end components including HTML and CSS.
7+ years experience developing professional business web applications.
2+ years working with Ruby on Rails
Experience with version control systems, preferably git.
Ability to write automated test cases
Masters in computers science or related field.
Experience in the development, launching and supporting software products an advantage
Experience deploying applications to Heroku
Experience with Codeship continuous integration environment
Experience with the following tools :
Experience with the testing framework Rspec with Capybara