St. Mary Development Corporation is looking for VP Real Estate Development in Dayton, OH.
This local job opportunity with ID 2585433918 is live since 2024-01-28 03:44:43.
St. Mary Development is a 34-year-old faith-based nonprofit headquartered in Dayton Ohio. A leader at the intersection of affordable housing and health, St. Mary’s model for cost-effectively increasing quality of life for older people and families is two-fold. First, knowing safe, secure housing is a foundation for a fulfilling life, St. Mary collaborates with like-minded and like-hearted partners to develop high-quality affordable apartment communities for people with low incomes. Then St. Mary connects residents in those communities to life-enhancing services and programs to ensure they have access to food, transportation, healthcare, and other services that allow them to live independently. St. Mary’s model improves the quality of life of individuals and families while producing significant cost savings for taxpayers by efficiently integrating and coordinating government-funded social and health services.
Over its history, St. Mary has developed 70 affordable apartment communities with nearly 5,000 housing units and $580 million in real estate investment. Through its service coordination program, St. Mary has had more than 43,000 one-to-one meetings with residents, connecting residents to services, and coordinates more than 500 educational programs for residents each year. In 2023, St. Mary was given the William J. Graves Ohio Housing Excellence Award for its statewide leadership.
St. Mary is a chartered member of NeighborWorks America and a member of Leading Age and Leading Age Ohio. Our numbers are impressive with 20 team members and scores of strategic partners and half a billion in investment. While the average income of our residents is only $12,400/year, 84% say their quality of life is good or very good. If you already work in our industry, it's likely you've heard one of our team members speak at a state or national conference.
"I would honestly say that this is one of the healthiest work environments I have ever worked in."
Please visit their website for more information at: https://www.stmarydevelopment.org/
Video of their History & their Future at: https://youtu.be/KBLJNDHMIWo
SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Vice President of Real Estate Development serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting St. Mary Development Corp. In partnership with the President, the position is responsible for helping St. Mary Development Corp achieve its Board-specified ends & strategic plan through the management and direction of the Real Estate Development department.
Reports to the President
Direct Reports; Dir. Development Services & Dir. Real Estate Services
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the planning and execution of all real estate development projects, from site acquisition to occupancy.
- Ensure a robust affordable housing real estate development pipeline in Southwest, OH that earns significant development fees as well as a robust pipeline outside Southwest, OH when risk can be minimized, and a sufficient financial return is available.
- Assemble and manage development teams, including consultants, architects, and contractors.
- Oversee the design and construction process to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet our quality standards.
- Secure funding for projects leveraging public and private resources, especially low-income housing tax credits (LIHTC), and governmental subordinate loan and grant funds.
- Manage year-15 transitions for properties, including recommending St. Mary’s ongoing involvement in the property and evaluating both financial and mission risk/return for transitioning properties, to ensure all OHFA sale offer requirements are met as well as St, Mary’s mission.
- Work closely with the President and the Board to develop strategic plans and goals for the organization's development initiatives
- Establish and maintain relationships with partners, including industry associations, local government agencies, lenders, private developers, and community organizations.
- Conduct market analyses and site evaluations for potential development opportunities.
- Oversee land and property acquisition strategy to secure future development sites.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, laws, and guidelines related to affordable housing development.
- Represent the organization at community meetings, public hearings, and other events.
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development team
- Identify, develop and mentor the development team.
“When we asked our team members to share words that describe us, they say things like "teamwork," "transparent," "visionary," "innovative," and "humble." We're a faith-based nonprofit that is both sophisticated in business decision-making while embracing the lives of those we serve. Many of our team members come from the private sector. We're the type of organization you'll want to grow with for a long time.”
These are the qualifications that are necessary to be considered for this position.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in real estate development, with focus on affordable housing.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- CPA, CPM, or other relevant real estate certifications are a plus.
- Proven history of identifying and securing potential affordable housing development sites and successfully managing those projects from start to finish.
- Strong understanding of all financing mechanisms for affordable housing.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and excellent spreadsheet and writing skills.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the organization.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Passion for St. Mary's mission to provide quality, affordable housing for senior citizens.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive pay with a potential discretionary performance based bonus program
- Health and dental paid 90% (ICHRA plan)
- HSA with an annual contribution
- 401(k) with matching
- Basic term life insurance paid 100%
- $55 Monthly cell phone stipend
- Mileage reimbursement
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short-term disability insurance
- Competitive PTO
- Open-door communication at all levels
- Commitment to training, growth, and ongoing education
St. Mary’s culture and environment is very collaborative and positive. We do not tolerate drama. We expect all staff to have significant technical/professional skill for their position and to also possess the following characteristics:
- Adaptability: You are expected to change your behavioral style or method of approach when it’s necessary to achieve a goal.
- Initiative: You need to recognize opportunities for improvement and initiate actions to capitalize on them.
- Professionalism: You need to build and maintain respect and trust with co-workers and clients through image, communication style, accountability, reliability, dependability and knowledge.
The competencies listed above are not trivial. If you do not fully embrace adaptability, imitative and professionalism, you won’t be a good fit at St. Mary. Competencies make up 50% of annual performance review ratings.
Is God calling you to work with St. Mary Development Corporation? If so, we'd like to hear from you!!