Distributed Systems Engineer - Data Infrastructure
Job Responsibilities: Our company
Employer is in the business to connect the world. We are a global provider of satellite broadband and wireless services, infrastructure, and technology. We securely connect consumers, businesses, governments, and military to the internet — anywhere in the world.
Our more than 3,700 global team members are dedicated to do what others in the industry view as impossible. We imagined and launched the world’s highest-capacity communications satellite and continue to set the standard in developing technologies that address the toughest challenges.
We think big, we act intelligently, and we’re not done…we’re just beginning.
As a member of the Austin base security engineering team you will have the opportunity to leverage DevOps principles to innovate next generation automation and integrated cyber security solutions and participate in our Red/Blue team. Your focus will be in the fields of public & private cloud, security orchestration & architecture, application security, compliance & governance automation, and product security development.
What our ideal candidate looks like
You have a deep understanding of both information security and computer science. You can design and develop a distributed systems infrastructure that is scalable, highly performant, and able to handle diverse data sets. You are passionate about solving real world large scale business problems by leveraging the latest technologies like Kafka, Spark, ElasticSearch, etc.
What a Distributed Systems Engineer does at Employer
- Take Employer’s existing security analysis and modeling tools to the next level of scale and sophistication using tools like Kafka, Spark, elasticsearch, and more
- Leverage highly reliable techniques and tools to collect and process terabytes of data, and develop datasets, visualization, and analysis for security engineers and analysts to consume
- Design and build big data collection systems, analytic tools, and metrics collection tools and alerting
- A world class, cloud-based platform
- A fun and energized team that promotes a vocal round table
- Challenging but fulfilling projects that affect thousands of people
- Ability to attend major security conferences and events
- Ability to attend industry-leading training courses