The Lead Developer/Analyst will manage and lead the development team. Provides design recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy. Develops enterprise level application and custom integration solutions including major enhancements and interfaces, functions and features. Uses a variety of platforms to provide automated systems applications to customers. Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business. Determines specifications, then plans, designs, and develops the most complex and business critical software solutions, utilizing appropriate software engineering processes – either individually or in concert with a project team. Will assist in the most difficult support problems.
Develops programming and development standards and procedures as well as programming architectures for code reuse. Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art programming languages and object-oriented approach in designing, coding, testing and debugging programs. Understands and consistently applies the attributes and processes of current application development methodologies. Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and possible application to the business. Viewed both internally and externally as a technical expert and critical technical resource across multiple disciplines. Acts as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor and change agent as the development lead.
• The Lead Developer/Analyst should be well versed in a wide array of technologies e.g., Java, JSPS, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, WSAD/RAD.
• Must possess at least three (3) years of SACWIS or other large Child Welfare IT systems experience
• Be proficient in written and spoken English;
• At least seven (7) years of IT and business/industry work experience.
• Possess advanced writing, verbal, and presentation skills;
• Be able to work independently, leverage previous experience, and lead specific tasks;
• Be knowledgeable in system requirements definition and analysis, system design, project management, test plan definition and execution, and performance measurement; and
• Provide staffing resources with experience in large-scale government system implementation.
Preference for a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.