If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
POSITION DESCRIPTION\: IT Support Public Safety/Information Management Associate
Employer at County of Siskiyou provides Information Technology and Information Management to 500 users at 30 sites Countywide.
· May perform one or more of the following\:
· Manage objects in a Windows 2012 server Active Directory environment using Microsoft RSAT, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
· Provide on-site deskside support of Windows 7 workstations
· Provide end-user support with Microsoft Office Suites, jail and records management systems, applications, and local and network printers
· Install, configure, and deploy operating system and application software on servers and workstations
· Maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair computer hardware, software, peripherals, network systems, mobile devices, and other equipment
· Backup and restore data files and folders
· Communicate implementation activities
· Desktop support for technical infrastructure
· Ensure compliance of IT operations with government security policies and practices
· Escalate complex technical problems to technical specialists as appropriate
· Install, configure, maintain, and upgrade existing system software and operating systems
· Install, distribute, operate, and maintain new hardware and software applications
· Oversee workstation and server patch management
· Propose and implement system enhancements, including software and hardware updates, to improve system performance and reliability
· Replace, configure, and deploy End of Life equipment
· Resolve first level technical systems failures
· Technical help desk function
· Troubleshoot issues, connectivity, package deployment, and virus removal
· Other duties, as assigned
Information Technology Proficiencies and Technical Skills\:
· Cisco Network Administration
· Enterprise mobile devices\: Android
· Microsoft Windows Active Directory, Group Policy (2012) systems administration\: account security, systems access, roles, and permissions, file and print
· Microsoft Office Product Suite (2010-2016)
· Microsoft Systems Center\: SCCM (Configuration Manager)
· Microsoft Windows Administration
· Microsoft Windows Client/Server application computing environment, including laptops and desktops
· Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2012), IIS (Internet Information Services), Web services
· Sophos Anti-virus software
· TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
· Virtualization\: VMWare and Hyper-V
· Communication\: Strong influencing and two-way communication skills, including listening and information sharing. Strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
· Coordination\: Coordinate and ensure quality and schedule adherence, verify compliance. Enforce policies and objectives of programs and activities.
· Customer Service\: Strong customer service focus, positive attitude, and possess a sense of urgency. Exercise good judgment and sound decision-making.
· Problem Solving\: Identify solutions for range of straightforward problems and use existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems.
· Task Oriented\: Manage multiple assigned tasks, perform routine assignments, and develop competence by performing structured work. Work independently as well as part of a team to resolve issues and mitigate risks. Work within established procedures with moderate level of instruction, guidance, supervision, and direction from others.
· Technical Understanding and Technical Zeal
· Willing and able to build knowledge of organization, processes, and end-users
· Associates degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in technical systems support
· Minimum 2 years experience supporting Windows based desktops and servers
· Project implementation experience helpful
· Office environment.
· Driving a vehicle to conduct work. Requires Valid California driver’s license.
· May require work after hours and/or on weekends or holidays. Flexibility when needed.
In the execution of the duties and tasks listed above, employees may\:
· Sit, stand, or walk for extended periods.
· Bend at the waist, kneel, or crouch.
· Work from heights to include rooftops, scaffolding, ladders.
· Move, handle, carry, and lift moderately heavy objects. (For example, move desks to troubleshoot computer issues, move computers with or without carts, and move other equipment and tools.)
· Requires dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
All other duties as assigned.
Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Employer Business Services or one of its subsidiaries may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to Employer size="3" face="Arial Narrow" style="background-color\: white;">. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.