Our client is out to transform the shopping experience at local, brick & mortar businesses. Our mission largely depends on how personalized we can make shopping for the average consumer - can we give them product recommendations, target promotions and loyalty rewards they would dig. We’re looking for a data scientist who would be equally passionate about transforming the aforementioned experience by leveraging insights gained from data. You’ll be dealing with gobs of incredibly detailed location data, transaction data and user profiles. This will be a challenging role which will involve making something out of nothing, but with an opportunity for huge impact.
• The Data Scientist will be responsible for designing and implementing processes and layouts for complex, large-scale data sets used for modeling, data mining, machine learning and research purposes
• Architect and build product instrumentation, data transport and data persistence solutions
• Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
• Able to apply their skills to achieve a broad spectrum of end results including the ability to find and interpret rich data sources, manage large amounts of data despite hardware, software and bandwidth constraints, merge data sources together, ensure consistency of data-sets, create visualizations to aid in understanding data, build mathematical models using the data, present and communicate the data insights/findings to specialists and scientists in their team and if required to a naive audience
• Perform ad-hoc and regular analysis on data from internal and external sources
• Guide and manage A/B, multivariate product testing and make specific recommendations based on findings from the tests
• The ideal candidate should also have experience in extracting actionable insights from big data
• Obsessive data bent. Undying passion for making business impact with insights gained from data.
• Comfort with extracting, manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
• Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
• Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, and neural networks
• 2+ years work experience analyzing very large datasets with SQL (Teradata, Oracle, or MySQL) and R, or other statistical package
• Ph.D./M.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field