The Operational Data Cache (ODC) is intended to be a core data service that can be used by Risk, Finance and Operations to access, update and manage shared data used in business transactions in a scalable and consistent manner. This role will be joining the ODC BAU team providing L1 support for the product.
The ODC BAU team is distributed globally across Gurgaon (india), London (UK) and Stamford (US).
This position is to join the US based team responsible for monitoring and resolving issues with the ODC overnight batch processes, responding to and resolving user queries and issues. Additionally the position will involve contributing to and addressing BAU issues/enhancements via a central JIRA repository.
The ideal candidate will:
• Investigate and resolve problems including liaising with the support teams for interfacing systems
• Carry out regular operational checks to ensure that scheduled processes complete successfully and in a timely manner, performing recovery actions as necessary
• Manage system incidents providing timely escalation/recovery actions and management communication
• Document all incidents and produce/contribute to the production of regular management reporting
• Provide out of hours support as well as take part in Disaster Recovery tests and other weekend activities
• Document all solutions and share information across the ODC BAU team
• Contribute to and address issues raised in the central JIRA repository
• Ensure all Service Level Agreements are met for user requests
• Ensure Operational Level Agreements are in place and adhered to for data delivery
• Ensure necessary checks are undertaken to confirm business availability
• Resolve issues raised as alerts and follow the correct resolution procedures, escalating as required.
• Provide a proactive approach to supporting the production environment, including presenting ideas to automate manual tasks and aiming at process improvements and reduce team’s workload
This is predominantly a role for someone with experience of delivering high levels of technical support and service. The candidate must be an effective team player with proven analysis skills.
• Minimum 2 Years working within a tier one investment bank providing technical support
• Exposure to high pressure, high transaction volume environment
• Experience in Incident Management procedures within a large organisation.
• Experience in supporting mission&time critical applications
• Able to use/analyze log files and associated data to identify problems
• Proven analysis skills and the ability to effectively liaise with other teams internally and externally
• Good knowledge of the main support processes: service design, operation and transition
• Able to escalate to proper teams/managers under pressure and during crisis situations
• Good understanding of SQL, Unix and Windows
• Relational DB experience (Oracle, Sybase)
• Experience in Microsoft Technologies
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively at all levels across technology teams
• Can work well both individually or in a team by taking a collaborative approach to problem solving and delivery
• Ability to drive change and influence at all levels
• Organised, methodical and thorough with a detailed and structured approach to problem solving
• Highly motivated person who is prepared to use their own initiative in understanding and following up issues
• Ability to multitask
• Takes ownership of problems through to resolution
• Keen to learn business processes and new technical skills