Senior C# Developer (WPF)
The technology stack includes Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, C# (UI), UNIX scripting.
Responsibilities and Attributes:
• Work with BAs and other teams to understand the requirements, design and develop the solutions for the business.
• Provide the UI design solutions and implement once approved.
• Integrate with new down-stream systems / consumers.
• Update existing application in accordance with latest upstream system / requirements changes.
• Implement unit tests.
• Performance optimization.
• Provide third level technical support function to assist SL1/SL2 support teams to resolve complex issues.
Experience and Attributes
• 3+ years, full-time hands-on commercial experience in developing C#/.NET applications.
• Strong GUI (thick-client) development skills, including using WPF.
• Excellent GUI designing skills.
• Good database skills (SQL, PL/SQL) necessary for GUI development.
• Experience in using database replication tools.
• Basic Unix skills.
• Demonstrably solid software engineering skills and willingness to learn new technologies.
• Experience with workload automation/scheduling tools (e.g. Control-M, etc.).
• Experience with version control-systems (e.g. SVN, etc., etc.).
• Experience with Visual Studio .NET
• Self-motivated, result oriented with strong analytical skills. Good at problem solving.
• Working experience in performance optimization.
• Working on large projects / programs (covering many regions / many business areas).
• Good spoken and written communication skills.
• Graduate degree is a prerequisite, preferably in Computer Science/Engineering.
Nice to have:
• Experience in the financial industry (ideally, focused on equity trading, order flow, reference data for products and accounts).
• Knowledge of Infragistics components will be a plus