The Data Quality Specialist will be expected to identify appropriate opportunities for Data Quality (DQ) automation of OBI solutions and develop associated test DQ frameworks and processes. In addition, this candidate will participate in the establishment of long-term improvement of testing processes and tools, as well as reviewing and improving requirements traceability to ensure appropriate test coverage. Work with project team in test requirements gathering and analysis. Work with Business Analysts, Data Quality Analyst, Developers, ETL and Datawarehouse Engineers to validate ETL scripts. Create stored procedures and queries to automate testing. Responsible for writing, executing and debugging SQL queries to perform data completeness, correctness, data transformation and data quality testing. Ensure content and structure of all testing documents artifacts are documented and maintained. Prepare review test conditions, test cases and test scripts. Execute test cases scripts. Log and track defects to closure.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Design of test scenarios and test plans to ensure that tests can be implemented and executed to validate ETL and BI / reporting requirements.
• Assist with creating project resource estimates, metrics to track completion phase, defect reports, defect prevention, development efficiency and quality.
• Run test validations at various levels including DB validation, logging validation, and UI validation.
• ETL testing requires writing SQL statements extensively by testing team or may be tailoring the SQL provided by development team.
• Upon successful completion prepare summary report and turnover for test results review.
• End to end data quality process for ETL / BI and Reporting projects includes:
â¢ Check compliance for data quality parameters like completeness, accuracy, consistency, etc.
â¢ Risk assessment for integrating data in new applications.
â¢ Ensuring that all data has been transformed correctly during the extract-transform-load (ETL) process.
â¢ Ensuring that the ETL process correctly rejects, substitutes default values, corrects or ignores and reports invalid data.
â¢ Check compliance and define approach with custom SQLs for integration rules.
â¢ Validate results based on business rules and integration rules.
â¢ Provide data quality reports.
â¢ Validate all the measures and measure groups (including derived measures, aggregations).
â¢ Validate all the dimensions (including Slowly Changing Dimensions), attribute hierarchy, etc.
â¢ Ensuring existing functionality remains intact each time a new release of code is completed.
â¢ Ensure data from the data mart is mapped & designed correctly for reports. Validate data for derived metrics and ânon-aggregatableâ metrics.
• Bachelorâs degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, other applied science field
• 3 - 5 yearsâ analytical work experience
• 4+ yearsâ experience in data quality testing, with a minimum 1 year experience in enterprise data warehouse environments
• Strong hands-on SQL coding experience
• Experience testing data for data marts, data warehouses, and data integration solutions
• Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica is a plus
• Experience in test automation using tools such as Query Surge, Trillion, QTP
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio skills
• Experience of working with offshore or outsourcing teams is highly sought
• Strong working knowledge of SQL â Able to query complex datasets and derive conclusions, including using all types of joins between multiple tables
• Competency in data manipulation and analysis: accessing raw data in varied formats with different methods and analyzing and processing data
• Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
• Positive attitude with lots of energy
• Highly detail oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment
• Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive or confidential matters