Development in C#/.NET Server-side code
Provide enhancements / second level support for existing applications
• 3+ years of C# Experience, including Server-side processing, including but not limited to: Multi-threading, WCF, and Memory-management
• Experience writing SQL database queries
• Strong problem-solving skills
Ideal candidate will have:
• Understanding of derivative instruments / financial greeks
• Experience at a financial institution
• Computer Science Degree
The main function of a developer is to develop, create, and modify Trading Systems. A typical developer is responsible for designing applications or customizing applications for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
• Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
• Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
• Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.
• Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
• Strong knowledge of Trading Systems development.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Basic ability to work independently and manage one s time.
• Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software.
• Basic knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
Education / experience:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent training required
• 5 - 7 years’ experience required