The technology stack includes Oracle Exadata, SQL, PL/SQL, Java, Unix scripting.
Candidate will be responsible for:
- Technical leadership – drive the team in technical decision making process, establishing the development best practices and is partially a hands-on role.
- Working on a transactional data warehousing application transforming data into the data warehouse for Equities and Fixed Income.
- Performing the analysis of the requirements from the business and working with the team to translate the requirements into development tasks.
This role includes making this data available to downstream dependencies and building critical Compliance and business reporting off this warehouse. Development work will include building new database schemas to support Equities single stock and derivates and Fixed Income, implementing data retrieval and data transformations, working with upstream and downstream dependencies and implementing critical reporting. Critical Compliance reporting is a major part of the role so understanding US rules and regulations like OATS and MSI605/606 are an important component. This role also includes working closely with the data providers on data quality to ensure continual improvement to the platform.
Experience and Attributes
· 1+ year of experience working in Capital Markets domain (ideally, focused on equity trading).
· 5+ years, full-time hands-on commercial development experience using Oracle databases and/or Java.
· Excellent hands-on development experience using PL/SQL and/or Java.
· Experience working with big volumes (millions of records per day, databases of TBs in size) is a must.
· Knowledge of financial protocols (e.g. FIX).
Working experience in design and development of multi-tier, scalable, high-throughput applications.
Working on large projects / programs (covering many regions / many business areas).
Working experience in performance optimization.
· Experience with Unix/Linux environments and Shell Scripting.
· Demonstrably solid software engineering skills and willingness to learn new technologies and programming languages.
· Self-motivated, result oriented with strong analytical skills. Good at problem solving.
· Graduate degree is a prerequisite, preferably in Computer Science/Engineering.
Nice to have:
· Exadata or equivalent experience a plus
· Knowledge of Perl.