The job is to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
• Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large / complex development project.
• Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
• Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
• Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
• Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project.
• May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
Specialized knowledge and skills:
• Looking for a strong Web Developer / Lead with a lot of experience in designing and developing web pages
• Must have minimum of 5 years of experience with Java, J2EE, JDK 1.5 and above
• Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Integration, Spring Web Services, Hibernate
• EasyMock, JUnit, Spring Test, SOAP UI and Selenium
• ANT, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins
• Subversion, ClearCase and ClearQuest
• Unix and Shell scripting
• Strong programming and analytical skills
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to learn quickly and take on challenges
• High integrity and accountability; willing to do what it takes to make the team successful
• Experience with any of the following is a plus: Gemfire, TIBCO EMS, Business Works, Sonar, CSS, Production Support of Business Critical Applications
• Nice to have: SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, WSDL, XSD
• Nice to have: SQL, PL/SQL, Sybase and Oracle
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
• 4+ years of related experience