The successful candidate will be responsible for DevOps activities in support of the Trading Data Services team part of Global Markets Core Trading Technology domain area.
The main challenges we have are:
• Lack of standard tools/processes in place to support application environments and lifecycle
• Full automation in SDLC stack
• Integration of Trading and Data Services frameworks/solutions within other Trading applications
• Bridging the gap between development team and other groups like support and client teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze, design, implement and validate strategies for continuous build/deployment to both host- and cloud-based infrastructure while ensuring high availability of the systems.
• Design and implement automated dynamic environments to support the needs of delivery teams.
• Collaborate with functional and technical team members to develop deployment strategies for existing and new types of services.
• Helps bridge the gap across processes and teams.
• Level 3 support for applications developed in-house and by vendors.
• Support application database instances, mimicking application aligned DBA role.
• Setup and support of test environments.
Experience / Requirements
• Industry experience with 3+ years with proven track record.
• Unix Shell/Python development expertise.
• Database experience on user and DBA levels (Oracle/Sybase).
• Working knowledge of UNIX (Solaris/Linux).
• Analytical mindset, attention to detail, easy adaptation to changing environment.
• Engineering approach to solutions via automation of processes.
• Strong communication skills.
What will you gain from this role
• Unique experience in working with various technologies and data/trading frameworks.
• Get closely familiar with SDLC process and tools and work with core teams in the bank.
• Work with Application and Applied Engineering teams on latest industry standards for automation.
• Understanding of financial trading world.