Do you want to be a leader in transforming the next generation of data technology? Does the thought of spearheading the build-out of a world class enterprise Big Data and Streaming Data architecture charge you up? Do you enjoy solving business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative working environment?
Our company is on a quest to use technology to bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking – is seeking a seasoned Data Engineer to join our team on a journey to embrace Big-Data, Streaming Data and Cloud based data technologies across the enterprise. In this role, you’ll use your experience to provide Big Data design solutions and create our next generation of Enterprise Data capabilities.
We are passionate about data – it's everywhere driving our lives. Our Enterprise Data Architecture organization works in tandem with business and technology leaders to set the direction for how we improve reporting, analytics and decision making. As a Director in Data Engineering, you will directly contribute to enterprise-level objectives, priority setting and capability enablement. You will contribute to driving our data architecture strategy, including optimal use of technologies and innovative approaches to building tools, and will spearhead data integrity and quality. You will communicate with directors and executives, and will be a mentor to engineers and developers.
• Drive progress in Data Architecture
• Develop and mentor individuals and teams
• Steer our data integration and processing strategic direction
• Lead in the adoption and migration to new data technologies for unstructured, streaming and high volume data
• Provide senior level technical direction to application development teams working on complex or data intensive projects
• Solve for how we address important organization data management needs
• Provide oversight and manage technology risks and issues
Your experience probably includes a few of these, and you’re ready to continue learning:
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or professional experience in either designing architectures or developing software for enterprise data management
• Experience with the various tools & frameworks of the Hadoop ecosystem (MapReduce, YARN, Pig, Hive, Hbase) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J)
• Experience with streaming and event processing technologies (Kafka, Flume, Storm, Spark) that support real-time analytics and actions
• Experience with Cloud based data technologies (AWS RDS, Dynamo, Redshift, S3, EMR, Google BigTable, BigQuery, Dataflow)
• Experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL and relational database systems
• Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools or underlying algorithms
• You ponder how Pandora comes up with personalized song recommendations or how Facebook figures out people you may know. You love data.
• You get a thrill out of using large data sets, some of them slightly messy, to answer real-world questions
• You yearn to be a part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
• You are passionate about finding refined solutions to complex design challenges and helping the entire team meet its commitments
• You love leading teams of highly talented Data technologist, strive to help others build their skills and achieve their career goals
• Humor and fun are a natural part of who you are
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years experience working in Big Data development
- At least 5 years of experience in developing web applications, architectural standards, and SOA technologies
- 7 years of experience in agile development
- 7 years of experience building consumer-facing web and mobile software solutions at scale
- 5 years of experience with rapid prototyping and interface design testing
- 5 years of experience with web development technologies