The role is an opportunity for a highly motivated, independent thinking individual to take a high profile role in a global team of front-office facing technology specialists.
The Functional Analyst supports the analysis of business requirements received from Business Analysts and is responsible for translating these requirements into Functional Specifications and other deliverables required to enable solution development. The Functional Analyst also helps create and modify business-facing documentation such as user manuals and solution briefs
The Functional Analyst will work on a Global front-office trading & pre-trade analytics system responsible for origination, pricing and portfolio management for fixed-income desks in London & New York. The main responsibility areas for this role are;
• Business Analysis: Analyze requirements for delivering the Business capability; ensure that all relevant stakeholders are involved in specification of new services. Develop necessary use-cases (application and infrastructure) and role analyses, complete requirements documentation and secure agreement of Business sponsor. Distribute and communicate requirements documents to all stakeholders.
• Functional Analysis: Analyze business requirements and validate whether requirements are acceptable for further development. Perform elicitation and analysis of technical constraints caused by technology stack, architecture roadmap, standards compliance, existing infrastructure and interfaces or non-functional requirements. Produce a functional specification for the required solution, consisting of functional and non-functional requirements and other supplementary information. Distribute and communicate specification documents to all stakeholders.
• Very strong analytical skills
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to solve business and process problems
• Ability to produce very high quality functional specification
• Good knowledge of Pricing fixed income products
• Good knowledge of Risk & PnL for fixed income portfolios
• Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrix organizations
• 10+ years experience in functional analysis
• Detailed oriented, with the ability to work autonomously
• Ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment and proven track record on interacting with Front Office business users
• Ability to pick up new product and technical knowledge quickly
Nice to have;
• Knowledge of MS-Excel/ VBA, MS-Access applications
Master of Science or Master of Business Administration from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Finance (or equivalent)