The technology stack includes SQL, PL/SQL, Java, Unix scripting.
Responsibilities and Attributes:
• Work as part of the team with BAs and other teams to understand the requirements
• Design and develop the solutions for the business.
• Integrate with new upstream and downstream systems / consumers.
• Implement unit tests.
• Performance optimization.
• Provide third level technical support function to assist SL1/SL2 support teams to resolve complex issues.
Experience and Attributes
• 5+ years, full-time hands-on commercial development experience with Java
• Strong Java, Spring family of frameworks, SQL, PL/SQL.
• Experience with developing applications running on UNIX or Linux is a must.
• Experience with Messaging middleware (e.g. JMS, Tibco RV etc)
• Experience in working with databases (JDBC, Hibernate or other ORM frameworks)
• Experience with version control-systems (e.g. SVN, git, etc.).
• Experience in working within a co-located/distributed development team.
• Experience in build/dependency/artifact management tools such as Maven, Nexus, Ant or other.
• Solid software engineering skills and willingness to learn new technologies
• Self-motivated, result oriented with strong analytical skills. Good at problem solving.
• Working experience in performance optimization and tools such as jProfiler etc.
• Working on large projects / programs (covering many regions / many business areas).
• Good spoken and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of SDLC - Waterfall and/or Agile (Scrum)
Nice to have:
• Experience in Test Driven Development, continuous integration etc
• Experience in Capital Markets domain (ideally, focused on equity trading).
• Experience with various containers like Websphere, Weblogic or RedHat JBoss EAP