Network Operations Supervisor will assist the Network Operations Manager in the day to day delivery of managed technology lifecycle services to provide a reliable, secure, and highly available computing environment to support the IS group mission and advance the firm values and vision. The Position requires 3-5 years of experience in a Network Operations Center (NOC) role, preferably with previous experience as team lead or supervisor. Strong technical and customer service skills are essential. The candidate must have strong troubleshooting skills and experience in managed lifecycle and IS customer support. Successful candidates will possess excellent interpersonal skills as this position requires interfacing with front line support and management personnel. Must demonstrate ability to maintain composure and service standards in all situations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Supervise the day to day network operations functions for the organization, assuring appropriate staffing levels are maintained. Identify staffing coverage gaps and solicit volunteers for coverage opportunities, communicate and maintain records of approved overtime assignments.
• Participate in NOC activities including, service delivery, ticketing, escalation and communications regarding disruption of services and restoration until closure to meet firm SLA’s.
• Contribute to team effectiveness in assisting and assignments of service request tickets in SupportWorks.
• In a declared incident, act as the Incident Manager as specified in the IT Services Incident Response procedure.
• Assist in developing effective proactive monitoring of wide area networks, Cisco switches, routers & firewalls, Windows servers, VMware ESX, SAN’s, Exchange, SQL databases, Active Directory, Citrix, Filesite, wireless, Telecom hardware, backups, UPS’s /PDU’s & Environmental Monitors utilizing Solar Winds and other tools
• Establish and document process and procedures to monitor the applications, systems and networks and ensure all operations staffs are following standards procedures.
• Create and Maintain NOC escalation procedures and develop standard reporting including bandwidth reports, SLA , Network and System Availability reports and custom reports as required
Required Knowledge Base: Administration and troubleshooting
• Windows 2003/2008/2012 administration
• Windows 2003/2008/2012 server builds
• HP server/storage hardware
• UCS server hardware
• Server virtualization (VMWare)
• Network Clustering
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Microsoft Exchange/Outlook
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP protocol
• Wide area networks
• Cisco switches routers
• Power Shell Scripting
• Data Domain
• Double-Take\Vision Solutions
• Blackberry Enterprise Server
• Network Printing
• Mobile Iron
• Power Point
• BS in Computer sciences or related field
• In depth knowledge of ITIL Service Management
• 3-5 years of experience in a Network Operations Center (NOC) role, preferably with previous experience as team lead or supervisor
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Able to handle multiple requests and alarm input notifications simultaneously, work under pressure
• Technical Certifications in any of the above a plus