The position is part of technology team within the Investment and Capital Markets Division of our company. The team has the broad goal of developing, deploying and managing the build and run-time platform components for a new I&CM trading platform, with priorities set by I&CM business needs.
The Infrastructure, Messaging and Interface Lead will have responsibility for implementing, upgrading, deploying and managing the middleware solutions and technologies in support of all I&CM trading desks, in addition to providing knowledge transfer and support to application development and operation teams.
• Develop interfaces, and APIs to enable internal and external communication of trading platform components for all I&CM trading desks (located in New York and McLean, VA).
• Collaborate with other members of the trading platform development teams to design and implement the protocols of communication used in I&CM applications
• Deploy, manage and optimize middleware / messaging infrastructure including queues, message brokers in support of a virtualized or containerized micro-services architecture
• Develop API software in the languages required by the trading platform development teams.
• Promote industry-leading design practices for mission-critical infrastructure, including:
o Resilience: solution must be highly available with minimal downtime
o High Performance: solution must support real-time messaging, e.g. market data
o Reliability: solution must be recoverable / provide reliable and/or guaranteed services
o Scalability: solution must scale maintain performance with large data volumes
• Develop, and maintain high-quality software code and supporting automated tests (including Unit, Functional, Performance, Acceptance) for trading platform components
• Perform detailed reviews; challenge code and test quality, efficacy and coverage
• Actively seek opportunities to continuously improve technical quality of the trading platform
• 5+ years’ experience implementing configuring, and tuning enterprise middleware components
• Expert knowledge of application messaging models (e.g. p2p, publish/subscribe)
• Knowledge of industry-standard messaging tools protocols (e.g. AMQP, MQTT, STOMP, FIX)
• Knowledge of reliable and guaranteed messaging solutions (e.g. Solace, 29 West, Tibco RV/EMS)
• Experience designing highly available service oriented architectures (SOA) and interfaces
• 5yrs+ experience and expert understanding of OOP and OOD concepts
• 5yrs+ experience and expert level programming skills in Java, C#, C++ or similar
• BSc in Computer Science or similar
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience in the design and development of large-scale trading platforms
• Experience in grid computing
• Experience in a market data distribution environment