Senior Software Developer - Java and Oracle
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to work on the projects focusing on the development of our client's Sales Data Management systems, a key platform delivering detailed Funds reporting and Analysis. The candidate should demonstrate an advanced level of understanding of general systems concepts/computer science fundamentals and their application to solve business problems.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Design and develop sales and fund data management and reporting systems using Java, SQL and other scripting languages
• Work with project manager, technical leads, business owners to understand the requirements and develop the application according to the specifications
• Understand and support existing systems, including resolving operational issues
• Troubleshoot problems, whether due to data or software, and work to rapidly implement fixes
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the financial industry is a plus.
• 5+ years of hands on experience with Java development
• Expertise in Oracle enterprise relational database
• Strong, hands-on, experience using SQL, Oracle PL/SQL.
• Experience with all aspects of software development process
• Experience with UNIX/Linux environments and scripting languages (Perl, UNIX Shell, awk, etc).
• Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to work well in a team environment.