Our team is delivering a number of products to support the trade operations of Convertible Bond desk including trade capture, pricing, trade execution, risk calculation, regulatory reporting. We are continuously improving the technology platforms, processes and service offerings to our clients.
We are looking for solid software engineers and team leaders to become a part of our team in Cary, NC and help us to build the next generation of our services.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for creating end-to-end solutions across a number of distinct delivery streams for the Convertible business. These span multiple systems some developed in house specifically for Convertibles and others from vendors or used across divisions in the company. System thinking and lust for simplification are major success factors in this environment.
This role will have a high visibility to our clients that means it will require interaction with many Front Office groups i.e. traders, sales, business management, compliance and risk management teams, Finance groups i.e. book runners and CTB groups and also Middle Office. Within IT, they will interact with many teams within Application Services, and also with the production services group who are responsible for supporting applications and services once they have been released to production. Strong communication skills are essential.
Experience / Skills
- 5+ years of core Java, JMS, JDBC, Spring
- 3+ years of Web Development (e.g. Spring MVC, GWT, Vaadin)
- UX, Vaadin, GWT, angularjs, d3js, jquery
- Webservices (rest, metro), WS security
- Experience with JPA2.0, Hibernate, Kundera, Cassandra, MongoDB is very nice to have
- Ability to develop unit testable code using e.g. jUnit and mocking frameworks. Have worked with automated testing (e.g. Cucumber)
- Practical experience of Build (e.g. Maven), Source Control (e.g. SVN, Git) & Continuous Integration (e.g. TeamCity, Hudson) tools.