Lead Software Engineer (Core Java)
The Lead Software Development Engineer fills a crucial role in the development of software for our client. Working in an Agile SDLC, the Lead SDE, as part of the PKS leadership team, coordinates and participates in strategic and tactical design, coding, unit testing, and automated testing. Specific responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and test solutions according to functional specifications.
- Contribute to the application design by team collaboration
- Work in an agile development SLDC.
- Train client services (production support) team on operation of the new features
- Provide SL3 (Service Level 3) support to client services team and offshore team
- Write design documents, release installation instructions, and run-books.
- Mentor more junior developers.
- 10+ years of experience in core Java 5 and up, 3 with team lead and people management responsibilities
- 10+ years of experience in design and development of the enterprise level software applications with specific expertise in Java related technologies including J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, JPA, Open Source technologies and proven use of Design Patterns.
- Extensive experience in developing distributed, high-throughput, highly available scalable systems
- Good understanding of networking middleware solutions, JMS or Solace is preferred.
- Working experience in multi-threaded programming and developing distributed systems.
- Working experience with RDBMS. Oracle databases and Sybase is a plus
- Working experience with web frameworks is a plus
- Working experience in developing trading applications is a plus
- Experience in agile software development
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English
- Ability to work in global teams
Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent work experience).