Candidate will be responsible for building the new HTML5 GUI which will include securities lending screens for inventory, contracts, availability management. The role will include working with the rest of the team to agree new requirements, integrating new business logic and functionality into the system and providing desk support for the system.
- Multi-year experience using build environments to pre-process and compile HTML5 files using NPM, Gulp/Grunt, Bower, SASS/SCSS.
- Version control experience pushing, pulling, merging and resolving conflicts with GIT in conjunction with github or git stash.
- Experience with UI automated testing frameworks (e.g. Karma, Selenium, and Mocha).
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers and users while leading development to a completed and successful solution.
- Understanding of the browser’s internals and differences between rendering engines.
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and budgets.
- Implementing Web UI functionality using HTML5 to build web applications.
- Create site layout/user interface in a build environment using NPM, bower, gulp and SASS/SCSS
- Use provided design concepts by standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Placement and layout of web site pages given client provided content.
- Implementation of unit-tests.
- Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed.
- Routine daily maintenance of existing applications.
- Assist in gathering requirements and project specifications
- Attend project kickoff meetings with clients/peers.
- Take ownership of daily project needs and communications.
- Communicate project status and deliverables with managers and clients.
- Record time daily and weekly.
- Manage project tasks, timelines, and communication.
- Perform routine application maintenance as needed.
- Other tasks as needed for successful project completion.
Nice to have:
- 1+ year in the financial industry (ideally, focused on equity derivatives trading).
- Experience with material design