The Sr. Network Administrator is responsible for assisting with planning, designing, deploying and maintaining internal data and voice network infrastructure and enterprise network solutions. The position requires extensive hands-on experience with Cisco routers/switches, firewalls, vendor circuits, load balancers, IP telephony, systems and storage connectivity. The Sr. Network Administrator provides engineering guidance, defines technical direction and solutions, and delivers daily support for VoIP and data network systems. He/She creates and maintains network documentation, develops and enforces hardware and software standards, works with audit and compliance departments to ensure proper controls are applied in the environment.
Direct responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve data and voice network related problems, including but not limited to, network connectivity and circuit outages, routing protocols, VOIP, application and storage performance issues, security incidents.
• Install and configure various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, wireless access points, etc.)
• Assure maximum infrastructure availability through planning, scheduling and completing routine proactive maintenance, system upgrades, applying patches, hot fixes and security configurations
• Responsible for developing policies and procedures consistent with industry practices to adequately address confidentiality, availability and integrity of network infrastructure
• Define baseline security standards and configurations and enforce compliance for all network devices
• Recommend hardware and software changes to address network deficiencies, improve performance, availability, scalability and operability of the overall infrastructure. Lead the development of engineering designs and architectural strategy for technology standardization and modernization.
• Design and implement network systems with proper tools and models for network monitoring, performance analysis, utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
• Implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
• Liaise with the vendors and other IT personnel for new project designs, testing, deployments and problem resolutions. Develop design standards and guidelines, and collaborate with other technical peers and the management on IT best practice solutions
• Lead product evaluations of vendor hardware, software, and network communications products; recommend purchases consistent with the client’s short and long term objectives. Design and implement selected software and hardware solutions, systems, and products in an Enterprise
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• 7 to 10 years of hands-on network administration and engineering experience
• Current Cisco certifications are desired. CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP are highly valued)
-Strong working experience with Cisco ASA(Access-lists, NAT, and VPN)
-Strong working knowledge of EIGRP and IP routing
-Strong working knowledge of Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Platforms
-FCOE on Nexus platform
-Cisco Call Manager(11.x) and IP phones.
• Senior level expertise with the following protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, QOS, STP/RSTP, 802.1Q, FCOE, NFS and CIFS in an enterprise environment
• Experience with client switches and storage networking. Experience with network/packet analysis, SPAN, RSPAN, Wireshark and other packet sniffing tools.
• Required technologies: Cisco Nexus switches, firewalls, RSA, Cisco Call Manager, ACE firewalls, SolarWinds or other network monitoring tools
• Expert Knowledge of Cisco IP telephony, experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) call distribution functions and inbound/outbound routing with SIP trunking
• Strong understanding of network security including, DDoS, Firewall, IDS, IPS, anti-virus and common exploits.
• Extensive knowledge in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD), and a deep understanding of how to support these applications/protocols.
• Hands-on experience with Cisco UCS, VMware, NetApp storage is a plus
• Practical, solid knowledge of shell scripting.
• Excellent organizational, project management, multitasking and troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root causes of issues and provide solutions
• In-depth knowledge of IT standards, concepts, best practices, and procedures - relies on knowledge, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Ability to take initiative & manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
• Experience in network troubleshooting techniques such as analysis of packet captures, tracing, performance tuning, analysis of firewall session details, and monitoring. Must have the ability to assist and train co-workers to increase team-level knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• Assume leadership, personal accountability and ownership, go above and beyond assigned duties to ensure prompt issues resolution, client satisfaction, and the overall improvement in quality of service delivery
• Must be available for off hours and weekend support as required
• Great people skills and teamwork are a must.