â¢ Build, configure, patch, and maintain Solaris 10 physical servers and Solaris Logical Domains (LDOMs)
â¢ Configure Unix File systems (UFS), Zeta File System (ZFS), NFS and SAN attached devices
â¢ Monitor, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve system related and user reported issues
â¢ Address hardware and software issues, escalate problems within the team and external vendors.
â¢ Coordinate hardware break fix activities with support engineers
â¢ Trading Floor support, all front and back end technologies and services running in Solaris environment
â¢ First â Last line user support: Provisioning/Maintenance/Moves/Problems/Root cause analysis
â¢ Build and deploy Solaris packages for internally developed and third party applications
â¢ Look after backup infrastructure, ensure successful completion of backup jobs on a daily basis and troubleshoot failures, send backup tapes off site, complete data restore requests in a timely manner
â¢ Provide Unix support for application development teams with configurations, releases, HA and Disaster Recovery testing
â¢ Manage DNS, LDAP, Postfix, NFS and other infrastructure core services
â¢ Core server and service delivery infrastructure support and Third party services.
• Unix based infrastructure design, deployment and support
• Server patching, upgrades, and migrations
• Data storage/backup solutions, Storage Area Networking (SAN).
• Market Data delivery platforms. (Reuters RMDS/DACS, Bloomberg, Telerate, etc.)
• Electronic Trading platforms. (Exchange/Broker platforms)
â¢ Comply with internal policies, procedures, and audit recommendations
â¢ Assist System Security Officer with risks assessments, security programs implementations, and swiftly address system vulnerabilities
QUALIFICATIONS: (KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS JOB).
â¢ Must have 7+ years of hands-on experience managing Unix systems
â¢ Senior level knowledge and experience in:
• Solaris 10 Operating System, application and hardware provisioning/maintenance.
• Solaris LDOMs virtualization
• Server technologies, Storage Area Networks, Backup Management Systems and system security
• NetBackup administration
• LDAP/Kerberos/Mail administration
• Financial /Market Data delivery systems and Electronic Trading platforms.
• Security management framework and best practice
â¢ Solid knowledge of scripting languages (Bash/Perl, Python is a plus).
â¢ Must be able to build and manage Solaris packages
â¢ Understanding of middleware platforms (ActiveMQ, Redis cache)
â¢ Experience managing Sun/Oracle (T4, T5, M300, M10) servers
â¢ Experience with NetApp hardware is preferred
â¢ IT project management and organizational skills.
â¢ Very good interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills.
â¢ Must be able to multitask, work in high stress environment and be flexible with work shifts.
â¢ Must be available for off hours and weekend support as required
â¢ Take personal accountability and ownership, go above and beyond assigned duties to ensure prompt issues resolution, client satisfaction, and the overall improvement in quality of service delivery