Senior Software Engineer (Python)
• Our client is looking for mid-level Python engineers with startup experience who are excited to work in the Financial Technologies space.
• Contribute to the design and development of performant shared microservices on the company's messaging infrastructure.
• Work primarily in Python 2, though other needs may present themselves.
• Understand our business model and how each person can contribute to our growth as a company.
• Report to the VP of Application Engineering as an individual contributor. Must work well on teams.
• Work primarily on-site in our Lower Manhattan office location.
• Motivated, self¬-starter who enjoys working in a team-oriented fast¬-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to interact cross-functionally and drive both business and technical discussions.
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or significant real-world experience
• 5+ years of software engineering experience
• 2+ years of Python experience
• 5+ years of experience in Linux
• 2+ years of experience in structured or unstructured databases (RDBMS such as Postgres, MySql, NoSQL databases such as Mongo, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc)
• Experience in startups a must
• Experience in Java a major plus
• Experience in web application development a plus