As a Business Analyst you will liaise with portfolio managers, traders and their support staff to design and evolve our technology apps. We will look to you to innovate, push the envelope, and lever our investment professionals to do more better using tech. You will work in a small and focused team, continuously and closely interacting with both your end users and your tech teammates.
• Collaborate with the business and technology stakeholders to design and deliver software solutions.
• Define project objectives, scope, timelines, and success criteria.
• Project planning, tracking, status reporting, and issue/risk management.
• Support developers in the clarification and delivery of business requirements.
• Coordination of user acceptance testing and software releases.
• Develop test strategies and own the stability and predictability of your product.
• Query building, data validation, and troubleshooting data anomalies.
• Convey complex ideas with clear, concise manner
• Work independently and elicit requirements
• Make well-informed, targeted and timely decisions while demonstrating sound and accurate judgment
• Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
• Should have strong desire to continuously learn and grow professionally
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Math or Business/Finance. CFA or MBA a plus
• 2-5 years proven experience in financial technology Project Management / Business Analysis leading technology related efforts
• Understanding of fixed income and equity trading processes and related financial products and concepts is essential
• Previous experience working in an agile environment
• SQL and database (Oracle) skills preferred
• Scripting (Python) or programming experience and advanced Excel skills a significant plus
• Proficiency in the Bloomberg Trading System POMS or AIM is a plus
• Relevant certifications (CFA, ITIL, PMI, etc) are recommended