Our client is seeking a Director of Software Engineering to lead and build an extremely talented software engineering team to deliver a game-changing customer experience across all customer touch points. We're looking for fundamentally an outgoing and collaborative visionary who'll push the limits of the browser experience. He/she must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry's best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that what we build compelling, customer oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering new consumer-facing software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading software for millions of customers.
- Manage software development to deliver technology prototypes in support of business.
- Manage a broad portfolio of diverse tech projects to provide web, mobile, and integration solutions.
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best engineering talent.
- Manage technology support teams to develop business applications, or ensure business applications have high availability and adequate performance, to include demonstrating year-over-year performance improvement.
- Strong engineering and technology background
-Solid sense of look and feel i.e., focus on aesthetics
- ability to go deep into the technology
- Must have deep technical credibility with engineering org
- Bachelors Degree or military experience.
- At least 4 years leading software engineering teams.
- At least 5 years experience with object-oriented programming and design, including Java.
- At least 5 years experience in developing web applications, architectural standards and SOA technologies.
- Masters Degree
- 7+ years of experience in agile development and methodologies.
- 3+ years of experience building consumer-facing web and mobile software solutions at scale
- 2+ years of experience with rapid prototyping and interface design testing
- 3+ years of experience recruiting top software engineering talent.
-3+ years of work in any digital agency