Our Client is seeking a Senior Director of Software Engineering to lead, manage and build 5 different engineering and creative teams across 3 regions to drive the technology direction for 4 core enterprise marketing product initiatives. He/she must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry's best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that what we build compelling, customer oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering new consumer-facing software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading software for millions of customers.
As the technical leader for a growing team of developers coding in agile teams, you’ll understand and translate business needs into premiere technology solutions to meet clients’ needs through software, while influencing technology decisions across the organization. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to transform culture in a business ready to disrupt the industry. Digital is our new ecosystem, and the opportunity to apply these capabilities within the whole company is tremendous.
In this role, you will need the ability to attract and recruit the industry’s best talent, and simultaneously have the technical foundation to ensure that we build compelling, client oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Bring an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering new client-facing software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for leading teams to create market-leading software for savvy business clients and you are our fit.
- Manage a broad portfolio of diverse technology teams and projects to provide web, API and integration solutions
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best engineering talent
- Lead marketing and creative professionals in addition to engineering talent to deliver technology-forward marketing solutions and product that will affect the whole enterprise
- Manage technology teams to develop business applications, and ensure business applications have high availability and performance
- Experience building business-to-business applications that empower clients to succeed
- Have extensive experience in rapid prototyping and interface design testing
- Have passion for any, all or some of the following technologies: Kafka, Java, Ruby, Python, Scala, AngularJS, Machine Learning
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or military experience
- At least 8 years of experience in Software Engineering
- At least 5 years of senior leadership experience, building and managing development teams that design and deliver large distributed systems – ideally in an agile environment
- At least 3 years of experience with leading edge technologies
- At least 3 years of experience in developing web applications
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Experience working within digitally savvy companies
- Experience working with client facing web applications