Our Client is seeking a Director of Software Engineering (Messaging) to lead, manage and be a build a team of highly talented engineers building critical products for the Alerts and Messaging organization of this global leader in the financial technology space. He/she must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry's best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that we build compelling, customer oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track-record of delivering robust scalable software systems with cutting edge technology, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading software for millions of customers.
As the technical leader for a growing team of developers coding in agile teams, you will understand and translate business needs into premiere technology solutions to meet clients needs through software, while influencing technology decisions across the organization.
This team is responsible for building a central data store connecting all email, SMS, push notifications, alerts, and chatbot capabilities for an enterprise global organization.
- Manage and mentor a talented team of Messaging software engineers to build world-class products.
- Expertise and proven track-record building robust, highly scalable distributed software systems
- Deep background in Java and Spring hands on systems development
- Recognized expert in messaging product delivery, with extensive experience in email, sms, push notifications, and preferably Chatbot technology products.
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best engineering talent
Code Reviews and architectural decisions for the team.
- Have extensive experience in rapid prototyping and interface design testing
- Have passion for any, all or some of the following technologies: Java, Spring, Kafka, Python, AngularJS, Machine Learning, AWS
- Bachelors degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in Software Engineering
- At least 3 years of leadership experience, building and managing development teams that design and deliver large distributed systems ideally in an agile environment
- At least 3 years of experience with leading edge technologies
- Masters degree or MBA
- Experience working within digitally savvy companies