A3Ventures is looking for Home Service Associate - AAA House Manager in Berkeley, CA.
This local job opportunity with ID 515793819 is live since 2020-11-23 15:51:47.
We call our club's vision, mission, values, and supporting pillars "Our House" because they are the foundation for all that we do. We're working to transform AAA for the next century with a mission to create Members for life by unleashing the innovative spirit of our Team Members.
At A3 Labs we come to work to dream, design and define how we will live and move into the future. We exist to harness these forces for the benefit of Members and future generations, humanizing disruptive change for the betterment of the communities we serve. Were looking for bright, passionate, and collaborative people to join our tight-knit team as we innovate in the spirit of service.
Why Work For Us?
- Impact. Lead the charge in mobility as a service movement and enable peoples lives to improve through the sharing economy. Leverage the best of an established 115 year-old not for profit combined with start-up speed and agility to create real and meaningful impact.
- Recognition. We offer a competitive total compensation package including base salary, annual performance bonuses, benefits, and 401(k) Company match with additional discretionary contribution potential.
- Lifestyle. We do honorable work, and we practice our values: humility, integrity, teamwork, and service. Youll have the security of a larger organization but youll move at startup speed.
As the Home Services Associate II and a member of the House Manager team, you are responsible for supporting the daily operations and member interaction. You are both our voice and the face of House Manager to our member base. Our people-centric management team will support you with scheduling, training, and ensuring you have all the equipment you need to be successful. You will also be supporting your other team members with work orders, home assessments and other items that may be your specialty and not theirs. Our goal is to have you grow with us and help hone your trade skills to become an expert in your area, for yourself and the members we serve. We are expecting you to use sound business judgment to resolve service, operational, and technology issues with a great team behind you for support.
- Complete work orders as assigned
- You will manage your time at a given job site and be given a schedule to work towards completing based on member demand
- Complete, provide, and educate our members on our Home Health Preventative Maintenance Reports that drive future work to our team and help our members understand their homes better
- You will be asked infrequently to Quality Check/Assess (QC or QA) the work of contractors that complete work that you specialize in and notify your leadership team should rework be needed
- You will provide pricing recommendations on permitted work orders that may require the use of outside contractor support or to build out a pricing structure
- You will learn and grow your skill base in your specific trade specialty, as well as, learn the basics of other trade areas to build out your core skills to complete work across the trades
- You will also learn and apply necessary steps that are needed to complete larger jobs (remodels, renovations, large installations, etc.) and support team members in completing these tasks
- Understand and enforce OSHA standard safety and cleanliness
- Basic understanding of the financial impacts of labor and materials on a job
- Strong oral and written communication
- Understand the basic requirements of collecting information via photos and measurements
- Basic understanding of skills which include:
- Electrical (GFCI installation)
- Appliance trouble shooting and basic repair
- Basic understanding of plumbing and repair
- Ability to replace toilets
- Ability to replace ceiling fans, lights, etc. (basic electric work)
- Ability to caulk properly
- Intermediate knowledge of your specific trade skill and the ability to complete basic jobs within that skillset
- Understand and enforce job site safety and cleanliness
- Advanced understanding and safety related to the use of power tools
- Collaborative and team oriented individual
Education & Experience/Licenses & Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2-4 years of experience in a specialized trade
- Valid Drivers license
- Basic understanding of other trade skill areas (electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.)
- Ability to learn and use a scheduling software
- Ability to learn and use an online ordering system
- 2-4 verifiable years within classified trade
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Lifting and carrying various parts, weighing up to 30-50 pounds, several times a day
- Bending, kneeling, reaching and stooping as required for service calls