The Manager - Planning is responsible for formulating and executing strategies to achieve the Company financial goals through identifying business risks and opportunities and proposing solutions to maximize sales.
How you will spend your time...
- Create merchandise plans from the category level to meet channel financial goal. Create and review top-down to bottom-up Department plans and in-season forecasts. Analyze actual sales results to plan and forecast incorporating this analysis in strategic Open-To-Buy management.
- Facilitate the development of an assortment plan with the Merchandise team by guiding and creating analysis and reports. Leverage reports, present analysis and make assortment recommendations to merchants and senior management based upon historically observed trends.
- Develop and communicate markdown recommendations and strategies and construct promotional plans to leverage key marketing strategies.
- Develop and present appropriate ad hoc business and promotional analysis with recommendations to influence future assortment strategies and business driving offers.
- No direct reports.
What you will need to be successful...
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of retail planning experience
- Business Intelligence experience preferred
- Oracle RPAS/Retek experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills inclusive of Pivot Table analysis
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business analysis into strategy
- Clear understanding of basic financial measures: sales, gross margin, weeks of supply, etc.
- Knowledge of merchandise planning and allocation strategies
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to interact at an executive level
- Ability to prioritize in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally
Always in style, your career at Christopher & Banks....
When Gil Braun opened the first Braun’s Fashions in Minneapolis, Minn., in 1956, he opened it with “her” in mind: local women who were full of life and wisdom, confident in their beliefs and in search of styles that made them feel fabulous at a price they would love.
That spirit continued when Braun’s Fashions opened its first stores under the Christopher & Banks banner in 2000. The same year, the company introduced CJ Banks, opening 20 stores designed to meet the need for sizes 14-24 in the underserved women’s apparel market.
Today, Christopher & Banks operates more than 500 stores nationally, and still focuses on putting “her” first, providing our customers with style, value and service that help her look fabulous and feel amazing, every day and for life’s special moments. Missy, women’s and petite sizes are available in stores and online for our customers’ convenience. Please read more about us at www.Christopherandbanks.com.