Job Requisition ID: 5142
The Product Planning, Development, and Marketing Group includes all the functional areas that work together to develop instructional materials that meet current pedagogical and market needs for PreK-12. Content is developed for a wide range of media formats, including interactive digital media as well as print. Colleagues within PDM have varying expertise including the following: subject-matter expertise across all academic subject areas, design, art and photo management, production management, quality assurance, content engineering, and permissions and licensing.
HMH is looking for a Mgr, Production Design for HMH’s new in-house creative agency. As senior member of HMH’s new in-house creative agency, you’ll oversee digital production operations for all digital marketing efforts, including HMHCO.com, campaign and product web pages, eCampaigns, online advertising, and social media.
- Partner with the Account Management team to assess the urgency of client requests and make informed decisions that support client’s needs and objectives while maintaining proper balance with schedules and workflows.
- Manage the processes for web creative production and resourcing standards, maintains clear style guidelines for HMHCO.com and other web pages, reviews new web requests and partners with the digital marketing team to ensure design meets UX standards and consistency across pages.
- Partner with the email marketing team to manage email campaign creative efforts based on an established email calendar. Offers input into streamlining email workflows.
- Manage all digital production designers, ensuring work follows established product and company branding guidelines and clearly articulates messaging and the business needs.
- Collaborate and negotiate with account managers and clients to achieve projects goals, anticipating, identify, and mitigating risks/issues pre- and post- launch.
- Drives continuous improvement to the customer experience by requesting and sharing performance metrics and advocating for A/B testing of creative.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in graphic design or related field.
- 6+ years of related leadership experience in digital production or digital project management.
- Experience designing for B2B solutions, education publishing industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Full understanding of digital processes as they relate to project management
- Successful operating in a constantly evolving environment characterized by fast and changing deadlines
- Speed and agility; ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, developing creative design within tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing)
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings
Employer (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit Employer
Employer is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.