Performs various skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the installation, repair, maintenance and operation of electrical, mechanical, environmental controls and life safety systems throughout the region. Applies specialized knowledge and expertise across many different disciplines and ensures an efficient and safe working environment.
1. Responsible for the installation, maintenance operation and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems in high reliability required facilities such as data centers. Equipment and systems include Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems and Universal Power Supply (UPS) systems.
2. Provides leadership to the team at the project.
3. Ensures proper operation of systems in compliance with required regulations and codes.
4. Evaluates operation of equipment through use of instrumentation.
5. Tests and calibrates electronic HVAC and building environmental controls ensuring equipment is functioning correctly.
6. Performs necessary tasks to complete projects as required for the upkeep of the facility, prepares accurate records of testing predictive maintenance, preventive maintenance, maintenance routines and energy data.
7. Inspects and repairs pumps, fans, valves and motors ensuring proper operation of the facility equipment and systems.
8. Responsible for the troubleshooting and repair of mechanical and electrical systems, controls system interface modules, HVAC and building environmental controls.
9. Capability to perform duties as a stationary senior facility engineer in a large facility and/or a mobile senior facility engineer responsible for several facilities located in a designated geographic area.
10. Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards of business ethics and conduct.
11. Must have strong electrical background.
12. Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
13. Willing to perform other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent experience.
Four years apprenticeship program or six years of field experience.
CFC certification required.
Experience in HVAC system repair and calibration with emphasis on pneumatic, electrical and electronic controls and systems.
Ability to use computers using the windows based software environment.
Must be able to be on call and to work any shift, weekends and holidays if necessary.
Data Center experience desired.
Must have a valid state drivers license along with appropriate class license if required in performance of job.
With access to top-tier market intelligence, planning, local site selection and asset strategies, our Global Workplace Services offering includes Enterprise Facilities Management (EFM), Project Management (PJM), Advisory & Transaction Services (A&T), and Management Consulting. We offer end-to-end expertise across all workplace types, scalable delivery, a commitment to world-class safety and ongoing innovations in building efficiencies, energy conservation and CRE technology.