The Associate Implementation Manager will drive business results for the team by collaborating with both internal and external contacts to support client and provider network activities. They will also be responsible for outlining small project and network requirements, deliverables, milestones, timelines, decisions, and status for those items in which they are assigned to and the overall success of such assignments from beginning to end. The Associate Implementation Manager will provide direction and management related to small strategic projects and design the strategy for network implementations, while ensuring that appropriate policies and procedures are in place and maintained for continued support and maintenance of business requirements. This role is responsible for ensuring the project is delivered on-time and within scope and is, in part, responsible for mentoring, training, and development of other team members. This role is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities that drive business value and implementing waste reduction process improvements.
- Gather and analyze data, document business requirements, track action items, testing validation, and provide status reports for projects. Ensure proper processes are met and documented.
- Provide business direction and project management for small strategic and tactical network or pricing related projects and implementations. Analysis of situations, distillation of the issues into options and driving to appropriate conclusions. Define small project / implementation scope, deliverables, milestones, timelines, and work plans. Manage tight deadlines for multiple competing priorities, scope, and converging opinions to solution in a timely manner. Responsible for small project / implementation from original concept through system implementation and maintenance, as required.
- Represent Network Implementation, serving as a subject-matter expert (SME) internally and externally, as needed, for small projects / implementations and specific processes. As needed, develop high-level project and / or process presentations, reports, and timelines to share with various interested parties.
- Collaborate with clients and other internal departments, such as RAM, RCM, CBA, SAM, Network Contracting, Implementation, and Finance to facilitate resolution and root cause analysis for cross-functional operational issues.
- Identify and map out continuous improvement opportunities and waste-reduction opportunities. Assist in efforts to implement process improvements, including but not limited to, documentation of re-engineered processes, development of training materials, reference guides, work instructions, and/or policies and procedures to ensure success of improvement project.
- Mentor and train other team members in order to reinforce specific concepts and processes regarding client and provider implementations. Work with individuals, as needed, on their development in recognizing process improvement opportunities, implementing project deliverables, and improving upon logical thinking skills. Develop and maintain training materials, reference guides, work instructions, and/or policies and procedures to ensure successful knowledge transfer and mastery of concepts and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 8 – 11 years equivalent experience
- 2-5 years relevant work experience in highly regulated business climate, with project management and analytical work experience or Master’s Degree
- Experience with PC, Windows, and LANS
- Experience in directing or working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Strategic thinker with excellent prioritization skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and flexibility required to interact independently with diverse and growing internal and external customer base
- Ability to represent the business in providing solutions to challenging technical issues associated with client implementation
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to work cross functionally with other departments or services to acquire input into implementation strategies and documents
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate tools, resources and people through to project completion
- Knowledge of PBM industry preferred
- Excellent approach to problem-solving
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan for and integrate multiple tasks concurrently
- Perform and document client implementation processes
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Pharma & Retail Relations combines the coordination and management of the company’s key supplier groups under a single management team. Major suppliers include brand and generic pharmaceutical manufacturers, retail pharmacies and drug wholesalers.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.Employer is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.Employer is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Employer is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.