Employer is looking for Nutrition and Quality Control Specialist in Sleepy Eye, MN.
This local job opportunity with ID 686392 is live since 10/17/2017.
The Nutrition and Quality Assurance Specialist is a key support role that helps manage the nutrition from the moment raw ingredients are purchased to when they are consumed by the pig. This position is essential for the validation of the feed ingredient quality and that the feed program is in control. From management of QC reporting, weekly reformulating of diets, support of modeling with the analyst team to the coordination of diet feeding strategies between supply chain, nutrition, production and the mill this position provides key support to multiple areas of pig production.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
Coordination of sample collection for all testing requirements as defined by the Feed Collaboration Team including but not limited to:
- Incoming Ingredients
- Complete Feed
- Mixer analysis
- Enzyme concentration validation
Management of QC reporting including but not limited to:
- SPC or similar chart to summarize testing above
- Management of ingredient loadings based on testing results
Support quarterly nutrition review:
- Summarize previous quarters testing (SPC charts or other)
Prepare a summary of all current formulas
- Where are inconsistencies between formulas
- Areas of opportunities on formulas
- Manage weekly re-optimization of all formulas with oversight from nutritionist
- Validate ingredient prices
- Updating nutrient loadings
- Updating diet requirements as set by nutrition
Support analyst team in building models to predict best feeding practice
- Provide multiple nutritional scenarios based on different ingredient prices or ingredient inclusions
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve pig performance through data analysis and process improvement as related to feed
- Collaboration with Nutritionist, Supply Chain, Mill Operations and Feed Department Manager to ensure timely, accurate implementation of formulas and feed budgets.
Provide support and participate in research related activities:
- Coordinate feed/diet requests for research between Nutrition and Feed Department
- Participate and support data collection in research related activities as time allows, including weighing and on farm data collection
- Support in data management as requested by the research team
- Collect and process quarterly feed box calibration data from sow farms
- Provide backup coverage to Feed Administration functions as required.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
Education: College 2 or 4 year degree required.
Experience: 1 to 3 years' experience in Feed Industry with Quality Control background preferred.
Highly functional in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word.
Specialized or Motorized Equipment and/or Tools:
This position may require operating a company vehicle, or receiving regular mileage reimbursement, any offer for this position will be contingent upon the review of the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The MVR will be reviewed to determine insurability based on CF's insurance carrier and company policy.
Vehicle Licensing Requirement: Class D