Employer is looking for Apartment Manager- TC in New Orleans, LA.
This local job opportunity with ID 716334 is live since 10/11/2017.DescriptionHerman & Kittle Properties—Apartment Manager/Maintenance Supervisor
(Tax Credit Experience Preferred | Maintenance Background Needed)
Location: New Orleans, LA
The property manager/maintenance supervisor runs the day-to-day operations of a specific apartment community. The property manager ensures that the community/property performs at a high level and achieves company goals. The property manager acts as the ambassador
for the community.
• Understand the financial goals of the property and make sure the property meets those goals; understand his or her responsibility for maintaining the property’s assets; manage the budget.
• Maintain strong resident relations, ensuring that residents are served well and satisfied with the community.
• Market the property through community outreach and by focusing on target markets.
• Oversee the leasing of apartments and ensure that occupancy rates are maintained.
• Direct property operations and staff in the most cost effective manner.
• Develop and manage annual budget.
• Hire staff, manage performance of staff and address all employee relation issues.
• Manage, motivate and develop staff.
• Process new applications, re-certifications and provide required information to compliance.
• Maintain compliance policies and procedures.
• Supervise rent collection, rent ledgers, bank deposits and petty cash records.
• Pursue delinquent rents and evictions and provide required information to collection company.
• Provide account information to the Regional Supervisor.
• Supervise resident relations and enforce all community rules and regulations.
• Supervise the maintenance staff, repairs, preventive maintenance and improvements.
• Supervise all landscaping, lawn care and snowplowing activities.
• Work with the Regional Supervisor to develop, monitor and achieve annual budget objectives.
• Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Must have at least one year of property management experience.
• One year of Section 42, Section 8, or other Government Housing Program experience required.
• Must have strong communication and people management skills.
• Must be able to start a conversation, approach people, and be approachable.
• Must have good conversation skills and be able to read people well.
• Must maintain professionalism and respect while dealing with upset and angry residents.
• Must understand customers’ needs and respond to them, connecting them with the right solution; must be able to market and sell.
• Must be very organized, with a strong attention to detail; must stay on top of paperwork.
• Must be flexible and able to shift priorities if needed.
• Must be able to move quickly, think on one’s feet, and multitask.
• Must demonstrate strong financial and analytical abilities.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).