Director of Public Relations
The Public Relations Director is responsible for the maintenance of the public view of Employer with specific attention to supporting business growth through strategic development of brand story and implementation of campaigns that drive sales in new and existing markets with precise embodiment of World Class customer service.
Key responsibilities include the following essential functions, but are not limited to
- Conceptualizes, creates, edits and delivers marketing materials for assigned projects, drafts corporate press releases, factsheets, presentations, bylined articles, speeches and other corporate communications materials for internal and external correspondence
- Tracks and communicates progress of assigned projects and ensures on-time and on-budget delivery of marketing materials
- Trains and develops others to develop and draft accurate and engaging on-brand content
- Counsels senior leaders and functional managers in effective public relations, media relations and public affairs practices
- Measures success of past campaigns in order to develop efficient approach to new efforts
- Communicates scope, schedule and budget changes that affect projects
- Ensures all content within department is consistent with marketing strategies
- Proactively and reactively manages relationships with media editors and reporters (business, trade, media) for new and existing store regions
- Assists with issue management efforts and crisis communications planning and preparedness
- Maintains oversight of media section and investor relations portion of corporate website
- Follows through on execution of promotional activities, events and marketing projects
- Provides overall direction and support to marketing department and customer service
- Coordinates initiatives with social media manager, marketing creatives, production team, store leadership and communities to distribute quality content that supports corporate objectives
- Directly supervises customer service management and serves as liaison to all other departments
- Contribute to planning and execution of corporate responsibility planning and provide investor relations communications support
- Uses the strength of the mission statement to develop content that aligns with the Five Founding Principles
- Help position Employer as the leader in natural and organic retail grocery, natural and organic farming standards and practices and nutrition education for consumers
Although this is a general outline of job responsibilities all employees are expected to be ''hands on'' and do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company thrive.
Education, Skills & Experience
Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, public relations or journalism required Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in public relations and corporate communications for a complex business in a rapidly changing environment or relevant agency experience Experience as a company spokesperson executing media relations efforts Demonstrated collaboration with finance, legal and human resources functions/departments Ability to work independently and take initiative to accomplish tasks with changing priorities Ability to build strong relationships with key constituencies including media, community, shareholders, and employees Possesses excellent customer service skills and ability to develop and elevate others Detail oriented with strong organizational skills. Experience working with MS Office and Content Management System (CMS) This position requires 10% travel
This job description is not an employment contract. It does not guarantee a job or that the above listed duties are the limit of responsibilities. The job and job description are subject to change with and without notice. Employees are required to accomplish any and all tasks assigned to him/her by their Manager and/or other Home Office managers that my not be listed in this job description.