Employer is looking for Analyst I Capital Markets Program in Boston, MA.
This local job opportunity with ID 718070 is live since 10/05/2017.
Citizens Capital Markets & Sponsor Finance Group is seeking current college seniors to join our group as Analysts in June 2018. Analysts will complete a thorough classroom training program which will build a foundation of skills to allow them to support the team’s senior professionals in originating, structuring and executing debt capital markets transactions to support acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, dividend recapitalizations, restructurings and short/long term refinancing across a broad range of industry sectors. The Analysts’ responsibilities will require significant transaction involvement, from origination through closing, and the ability to work on multiple projects and transactions concurrently. The Analysts will play a critical role on deal teams and directly support Managing Directors focused on Capital Markets Origination, Sponsor Coverage and Corporate Finance Industry Coverage. The analysts will also have significant interaction with Citizens senior management, other groups within Citizens, corporate management teams, private equity firms / financial sponsors, legal counsel, and professionals at other banks and investment firms.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing capital markets and sponsor finance group with market leading positions in middle market corporate and financial sponsor backed transactions. Through this experience the Analysts will gain insight into the issues and considerations for management teams and shareholders at growing middle market companies, and exposure to strategic, financial and capital decision making. The Analysts will also develop direct relationship management responsibilities through interactions with current and prospective clients and professionals at other banks and private equity firms. The 2 – 3 year program will provide Analysts with multiple career paths, including potential advancement within Citizens Capital Markets & Sponsor Finance or through assistance with placement for alternative positions at Citizens Financial Group, private equity firms, or industry.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Managing Directors, Directors, Vice Presidents, Associates and client Relationship Managers to develop new business ideas, pitch strategies or transaction financing scenarios to help corporate clients and financial sponsors achieve their financial and strategic objectives
- Performing extensive financial statement modeling for a variety of transaction scenarios
- Conducting comprehensive company and industry research
- Analyzing financial model output and client information to prioritize data and present conclusions for discussion purposes
- Coordinating with senior bankers to provide indicative transaction structure and pricing guidance based on financial model and comparable transaction analysis
- Preparing pitch materials for client meetings
- Coordinating with Portfolio / Relationship Managers in transaction screening and credit / underwriting approval meetings to provide detailed overviews on clients and transactions, analyze key investment considerations and credit risks with associated mitigants, and offer market insights and advice
- Playing a key leadership role throughout the transaction execution process
- Participating in accounting, business and legal due diligence (with drafting sessions for public offerings)
- Working with legal counsel and clients / financial sponsors to draft and negotiate all legal documentation
- Working with sales distribution team to develop syndication strategies with targeted investor lists and populate and manage data room information and access
- Preparing detailed transaction marketing materials including confidential information memoranda and lender presentations
- Organizing Ratings Agency Meetings, Lender Meetings and Investor Roadshows for private and public debt offerings
- Coordinating with sales distribution team to answer lender due diligence questions
- Assisting clients, internal operations team and investors through the closing process
This opportunity carries a competitive salary and a discretionary annual bonus based on individual and firm achievement.
- Ability to function as part of a flat organization, manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of multiple teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a persuasive, organized, and articulate manner
- Ability to follow-up independently and consistently and play the critical role as the project manager on most assignments
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis with a solid understanding or willingness to master financial statement analysis, financial modeling and company or industry analysis
- Self-starting team player who can think strategically and excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment
- High degree of maturity and integrity with a positive and hardworking attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
Background qualifications include:
Please provide a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications
About Citizens Capital Markets Group & Sponsor Finance
From its start in 2010, Citizens Capital Markets Group & Sponsor Finance has rapidly grown into a leading provider of leveraged loans for middle market companies and private equity firms. The growth has been driven by the strength of Citizens' growing corporate finance and corporate banking platforms and the Group's senior professionals who have brought vast amounts of capital markets, leveraged finance/loan syndications experience and valuable industry and private equity relationships from leading investment banks. The Group provides debt capital markets advice and leveraged and investment grade loan syndications and high yield and investment grade bond executions for public, private and financial sponsor-backed middle market and mid-corporate companies. The group supports Corporate Finance Bankers in industry coverage verticals (Technology and Business Services, Gaming, Healthcare, Media, Aerospace & Defense, and Government Contracting) and our mergers & acquisition advisory group, as well as Relationship Managers in the genera Middle Market and Mid-Corporate commercial banking teams.
Citizens Capital Markets, Inc. and Employer, N.A. are subsidiaries of Citizens Financial Group, Inc. ("CFG"), a $145 billion commercial bank holding company headquartered in Providence, R.I. CFG ranks 13th among U.S. Commercial Banks based on Assets and operates serves our clients nationwide
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40+
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5pm
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Employer to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Employer is a brand name of Employer, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Employer of Pennsylvania.