Midwest Sign & Screen Printing Supply Company
Excellence Beyond Expectations ®
Payroll & Benefits Administrator – St. Paul, Minnesota
Since our opening in 1932, Midwest Sign & Screen Printing Supply Company has built a reputation of providing top-notch products to our highly-valued customers. We do this every day by living our vision statement of “Service Above All Else”. We take pride in being an agile, ethical organization with a proven track record of success, stability, and a passion for growing our business.
Midwest is a leading distributor of sign, screen printing, and digital products headquartered in St. Paul, MN. Ten locations strong, we network with the top manufacturers in the industry to bring only the best supplies, equipment, and services to our customers from the Midwest to the West Coast.
- You will be responsible for implementing, administering, and maintaining the HRIS related to the Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, and Time & Attendance systems.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the bi-weekly, multi-state payroll including collection of time records, time off management, levies & garnishments, special pay calculations, transmittal to 3rd party providers, unemployment, and verifications of employment.
- You will administer the benefit process from benefit elections, HSA contributions, 401(k) elections & loans, and bill payments including new hire/benefit orientation, annual open enrollment, and partnering with benefit broker & vendors.
- You will process all bills and monthly billing reconciliations related to payroll, benefits, & taxes; assist with annual audits including workers’ compensation and 401(k); and reporting for EEO, 5500, OSHA, UC, W-2’s, etc.
- You will be responsible for leave of absence management processing all actions related to Workers’ Comp, FMLA, Short/Long-term Disability, and other leaves.
- You will assist with other human resources activities including the annual performance review/salary increase process and the Service Award Program.
Our Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; payroll certification a plus.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in HRIS, payroll, & benefits administration within human resources, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Strong MS Excel skills and competency using MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency using HRIS/Payroll systems; previous Paylocity experience a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and deadline driven.
- Must be agile, able to multi-task, and possess analytical skills.
- Must have a high level of accuracy, self-motivation, and customer focus.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff in a welcoming manner.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism in dealing with confidential information.
Our Benefits & Why It’s a Great Place to Work
Midwest offers a creative, supportive welcoming environment where ideas are encouraged and contributions are appreciated. We offer competitive compensation, superior employee benefits, and an excellent retirement plan. Last, but not least, we have built a strong “work family” environment as evidenced by our tenured team of enthusiastic employees.
We are excited to partner with the HR Professionals at Employer to manage our recruitment efforts for this opening. All responses will be processed promptly on behalf of our hiring team by Instigate's TalentAssist - Recruitment Process Management Services. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and online application directly to Instigate for consideration. Thank you for your interest in joining our team!