Assistant Center Director - Child Care & Preschool
Our organization prides itself on excellence, putting the education and development of our children first and foremost. When you consider a career at Employer, know you will be joining a team that is passionate about thoroughly preparing their students for all the challenges that lie ahead.
In an Assistant Director, we look for committed individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families, while effectively and efficiently running all School operations. Some of the exciting things that you will do as an Assistant Director include, but are not limited to:
- Make a difference every day!
- Be accountable for the operation of the school, ensuring that the school is operating in accordance with company and state licensing standards.
- Be responsible for ensuring an educational, caring and safe environment for the children and parents.
- Spark imagination, build self-esteem and help children discover new things each day.
- Promote the positive image of the company and play a major role in making the company a provider of choice in educational programs for the communities that we service.
- Recruit, select and retain quality staff.
- Help achieve profitability for the company.
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet all state licensing requirements, including:
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have current certification in infant, child and adult CPR and first aid
- Must have at least 2 semester hours in Child Care Administration from an accredited college or university, or a minimum of 3.0 CEUs in Child Care Administration.
- Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
- Bachelor's degree or higher with 18 credits in ECE, Child Development or Child related field with 1 year of teaching experience in a child care setting and 1 year of supervisory experience
- Associate's degree in ECE or Child Development with 1 year of teaching experience in a child care setting and 1 year of supervisory experience
- CDA with 18 semester hours in ECE or Child Development plus 1 year of teaching experience in a child care setting and 1 year of supervisory experience