Software Developer Analyst (SQL/.NET)
Key Job Responsibilities:
1. 45% Construct and test custom applications of medium to high complexity from requirements documents, interaction with Development Manager, and interaction with business partners
2. 30% Maintain and support existing custom applications of medium to high complexity
3. 10% Work closely with senior MIS development staff and Development Manager to ensure that technical design and programs satisfy business needs
4. 10% Work with MIS support staff to ensure all processes have appropriate monitoring, recovery, and security
5. 5% Participate in other projects as requested by management
List knowledge, skills, and abilities required to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
• In depth technical knowledge in one or more of the key areas of our computing environment (including application programming, database development, or relational database theory and technology).
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Capable of working on technical projects with limited supervision and with strong attention to details
• High level of commitment and enthusiasm
• Strong communications skills and the ability to work in a limited roll directly with business partners as well as in a team-based environment.
Background & Experience:
Indicate the professional background and educational experience required for this position.
• 4+ years in a programming role using development tools in line with our computing environment required
• Financial services experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
MS .NET – C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET
MS SQL Server
Other Key Traits:
Experienced supporting production support platforms
Experienced collaborator with business/operations users (business analysis skills)
Experienced leveraging design patterns, software frameworks
Concern for Quality
Internal & Regulatory Compliance