The Software Development Engineer uses in-depth knowledge and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex software application programs. This position will create detailed specifications or designs, conduct quality assurance reviews of peer's application programming, and act as a resource for team members with less experience. The Software Development Engineer will code, test, debug, document and maintain software application programs.
- Partner with a multiple vendors to create estimates and delivery plans for projects at a capability level.
- Ensure quality of technology delivery of multiple vendors’ technology solutions for multiple concurrent projects at capability level.
- Provide technology leadership and delivery accountability for solutions for multiple concurrent projects within an application family. (i.e. Claims, C&PS, or CS&DW).
- Serve as SME for components of the team.
- Support activities of senior team members and architects to set direction for new technology components in the ESI environment.
- Provide technical guidance to projects for components of a technology suites.
- Lead efforts to develop standard practices, components, guidelines for use of complex technology components.
- Participate in resolving urgent and high production incidents.
- Participate in action to determine root cause of problems and drive resolution.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Function as team leader with accountability:
- Setting direction to mature the technology associated with the team. Key aspect of this is “tech debt” removal when possible.
- Identify and implement process enhancement opportunities associated with supporting the application area.
- Recommend actions to increase ESI and vendor partner knowledge on team.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years relevant experience with Java.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum Methodologies, DevOps, JIRA, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment.
- Ability to design and implement technical solutions to a wide range of moderately complex business opportunities. Solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Adaptability and willingness to lean new tools and applications.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to lead discussions and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue.
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry is a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Technology - Software Engineering
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high- performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Employer is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Employer is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Employer is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.