Senior Full Stack PHP Developer (MVC)
Our client is searching for a talented LAMP / PHP Developer who can take our company to the next level. We are a small (but mighty) team of Internet marketers and seasoned entrepreneurs looking for a senior level programmer who can maintain our current internet properties and work with our team to develop better ones.
Although our client has several profitable years under its belt, the company has not lost its startup feel. Our team is small, but growing quickly, so finding the right players and building the culture is important to us. Smart people who can handle independence, teamwork and get excited about building great products are a must! This position is fast-paced and often involves working on multiple products at the same time. You will need to be a strong self-managed developer capable of managing your own time and priorities.
Required Skills and Experience:
Caution: We build some pretty impressive web applications. Please read through these requirements carefully.
· LAMP stack development (minimum of 5 years of documented professional experience)
· 3+ years professional experience using PHP frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony
· Thorough understanding of relational databases and security relating to PHP/MySQL.
· Ability to create and consume custom SOAP and REST APIs
· Comfortable working on the front-end and with responsive design
· Experience writing unit tests / detailing testing procedures for your work
· Version Control (SVN) experience using Git
· Strong documentation and communications skills
· Ability to self-manage and meet required deadlines
· PHP Data Objects (PDO)
· Experience with Object-relational mapping (ORMS/eloquent) and abstract design patterns
· Experience with Node.js
· Familiarity with REST & CURL
· Experience with SASS/SCSS
· Foundation (or similar responsive front-end framework)
· Experience with Gulp, Bower and NPM
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Software development or related field
· Building dynamic web apps using PHP, MySQL & PDO
· Leveraging REST services and other third party APIs
· Rapidly solving problems, bugs, and compatibility issues
· Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
· Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
· Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools as necessary
· Ensure that the developing codebase conforms to best practices with regard to coding
standards, validation (both on front-end and server-side), placement and flow of business